After his initial success at daycare over a month ago, we've had no more success stories. He's sat on the potty several times, sometimes for 20 or 30 minutes, but nothing.
This morning, he woke up screaming at 4:00. I went in his room to calm him down and ended up dozing in there while he flopped around from 4:00 - 5:30.

At 5:30, he rolled over and said "Puh-Pah-Yee?" Which means, I think "Pee Potty?" So we walked to the potty in his and Desmond's bathroom, and I put him on the potty. He fussed and said "Tah-Yah Pah-Yee?" Which means "Turtle Potty," his child-sized toilet ring that is designed to look like a turtle and fit on the adult potty seat. But it was on the potty in the half bath.
So we walked down to the half bath, and I sat him on his turtle potty. And he pointed to it and said "Off!" So I took the turtle potty off of that toilet seat and sat him on the adult toilet seat. He fussed and said "No!"
Then he got down, picked up the turtle potty from off the floor, and marched back to the other bathroom, where I put the turtle ring on the toilet in there. I sat him on it, and he almost immediately peed in the potty.
I was too exhausted and dumbfounded to give him all of the adulation he deserved, but I did manage to get out a big "YAY!" and "Good job peeing on the potty!" And we went to tell Dad, even though it was 5:30 in the morning.
Dexter seemed to feel this was a nonevent, though (or he was just too exhausted himself to realize what he did), and all he wanted to do was play "monkees" on Dad's iPhone. (We figured he'd earned the privilege.)
YAY Dexter!
No comments:
Post a Comment