A month and a half later, we're all still adjusting to life without a crib. It still typically takes a full hour to get Dexter in bed for the night, and about half the time, he gets up during the night and comes into our bed. No biggie.
A couple of weeks ago, we finally splurged on the Summer Infant Video Monitor, which we really should have bought months ago. But now we have it, and it is GREAT!
Anyway, Desmond woke up hungry at 3:30 this morning. While I was up with him, I figured I'd just check in on Dexter via the video monitor. He wasn't in his bed.
No big deal. On a few occasions, we've found him asleep on the floor partway through the night. I figured he was just in a corner of the room that we couldn't see on the video monitor. So I decided to check on him.
I walk in. The bed is empty. The floor is empty. I check corners. No Dexter. I check his bathroom. No Dexter. I decide it's just too dark, so I turn on the bathroom light. Still no Dexter. Re-check the corners. Still no Dexter.
I was about a nanosecond from screaming for Dennis when something compelled me to look under the bed:
Phew. I don't know when he got under there, or how he managed to get so far in that the bedskirt appeared completely undisturbed. Never mind managing not to hit his head or scratch his back or anything.
But there he was, happily asleep and definitely still breathing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment