Monday, October 26, 2009

Dexter The Great Communicator

Today, I picked up Dexter at about 4:45. He'd had a good day. We got home and played some with his safari car and stacking blocks. 

Then he started fussing, walked out of the living room into the kitchen, looked at me and made the sign for "more."  Then when I got up to follow him, he walked toward the dining room and turned back and looked at me and again signed "more."  Then he went into the dining room and stood next to his high chair.  I guess he was ready for dinner. :) 

For a kid who has zero words, he finds a way to get his message across.  I was very impressed with all of that, actually.  (He ate a whole banana, some sweet potato, some peas, and (almost) half a grilled cheese sandwich.  He aso drank several ounces of milk.  The Great Communicator is a growing boy!)

No comments: