
Today, Dexter stood unassisted for the first time! He is 9 months and 2 weeks old.
He did it while holding his bottle (I guess he thought he was holding on to something?). The first time, it was just for a few seconds. I started thinking to myself "What exactly qualifies as "standing" anyway?" Almost immediately, he let go of the window ledge again and drank, standing, from his bottle for a full SEVENTEEN seconds. To me, that counted. :)
Dennis and Granddad were outside working on the deck, so I called them over to see. When Dennis came to the window, Dexter did it again, this time even dropping the bottle to clap (still standing!) because he was so excited to see his Dad. Granddad got a good look, too.
Naturally, by the time we got the video camera, he was a little bit tired of all of that standing. I caught a little bit, but of course he decided to fall over at the end. (Don't worry; our sweet baby is uninjured. I promise.)
1 comment:
Yay!!! ;-)
Post a Comment