Thursday, December 4, 2008

2 Nights in a Row!

That's right. Dexter the Great slept through the night again, this time twice in a row! Tuesday night, he slept from 9:30 PM until 5:30 AM. When he woke us up at 5:30, Dennis sat up in alarm and said, "Did you feed him at 1:00?!" I said I hadn't. He had slept through. Awesome. He went right back to sleep and stayed that way until I woke him up at 9:30.

I thought perhaps he was just extra tired from his big day visiting Santa, but sure enough, he slept through again on Wednesday night, this time from 10:00 PM until 7:00 AM. NINE hours. Again, he went back to sleep shortly after that feeding and slept until 10:00 AM.

I really hope this is a trend. Of course, this is all swaddled sleep, but I'm not too worried about that just yet.

In other exciting news, we've introduced Dexter to the baby in the mirror. Yesterday, he laughed SO hard at that baby that he gave himself the hiccups. Twice. We're hoping to capture this excitement on video tonight, so let's hope he performs.

Finally, Dexter is two months old today! He's definitely growing up. And out. His thighs are officially bigger than my wrists. I think we may soon have a very chunky monkey on our hands.


(I know what you're thinking - that's not a lot of clothes for December 4. But there's no need to call DCFS, I promise. Rest assured that we are staying inside our warm house all day and will add many layers if we do go outside for any reason. Besides, what's a growth picture if his cute little thighs and feet are all covered up?!)

No comments: