Monday, October 20, 2008

Dexter's Off Button

Well, first we thought breastmilk was the magic cure. When we were in the hospital, he'd scream, and a few drops of breastmilk on his tongue would quiet him in an instant. We called it "Baby Quaaludes." (Formula was more of an "upper.") But eventually both stopped working.

The other night, he was inconsolable for seemingly no reason. He'd just been fed and changed, was clean, etc. This doesn't happen too often - Dexter is a really good baby.

Anyway, I whipped out his new Kiddopotamus "Swaddle Me" blanket and combined it with the other methods in Harvey Karp's Happiest Baby on the Block book.

oh
my
god

He was quiet in about 5 seconds and asleep within about 45. Our poor little guy was just tired and too worked up to go to sleep. This combo (blanket & book) may be my new go-to gift for every new parent in the universe.

1 comment:

LoisLane said...

Cool I've never seen that but my cousin just had a baby so maybe I'll get it for them....